Multicast connection mapper
attempts to display all multicast routers
that are reachable from the multicast router
. If not specified on the
command line, starting_router
must be run
IGMP message to
. A response contains the
multicast version number of starting_router
and the addresses of all its neighboring multicast routers. If the multicast
version number is recent, then map-mbone
additional information such as metrics, thresholds, and flags.
If a recursive search has been requested (see -f
repeats the above operation for each
new multicast router in the list of neighbors and continues the process until
no new multicast routers are reported.
The options are as follows:
- Sets the debug level to
level. When the debug level is greater
than 0, additional debugging messages are printed to stderr. Regardless of
the debug level, an error condition will always write an error message and
will cause map-mbone to terminate. Non-zero
debug levels are:
Default is 0.
- Print packet warnings, plus level 0 messages.
- Print notifications of down networks, plus level 1
- Print notifications of all packet timeouts, plus level
- Causes a recursive (flooding) search. If no
starting_router is specified, a recursive
search is always performed.
- Sets graphing format to GraphEd format.
- Disables DNS lookup for the names of the multicast
- Sets the neighbor query retry limit to
count. Default is 1.
- Sets the number of seconds to wait for a neighbor query
reply before retrying to seconds. Default