— retrieve the object file
These functions retrieve the ELF object file header from the ELF descriptor elf and return a translated header descriptor to their callers.
return a pointer to the appropriate class-specific header descriptor if it
exists in the file referenced by descriptor elf. These
NULL if an ELF header was not found
in file elf.
stores a translated copy of the header for ELF file
elf into the descriptor pointed to by argument
dst. It returns argument dst if
NULL in case of failure.
These functions return a pointer to a translated header descriptor if successful, or NULL on failure.
These functions can fail with the following errors:
- The argument elf was null.
- Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF file.
- The elf class of descriptor elf was not recognized.
- Argument dst was null.
- The ELF class of descriptor elf did not match that of the API function being called.
- ELF descriptor elf does not have an associated header.
- An out of memory condition was detected during execution.
- The ELF descriptor in argument elf did not adhere to the conventions used for extended numbering.
- The ELF descriptor elf had an unsupported ELF version number.
elf(3), elf32_newehdr(3), elf64_newehdr(3), elf_flagehdr(3), elf_getident(3), gelf(3), gelf_newehdr(3), elf(5)