dynamic host configuration protocol
client daemon configuration file
The dhcpleased(8) daemon is a dynamic host configuration protocol client daemon.
dhcpleased.conf config file is divided
into the following main sections:
- User-defined variables may be defined and used later, simplifying the configuration file.
- If an interface requires non-default options, they can be defined in this section. Most configurations do not require this.
Macros can be defined that will later be expanded in context.
Macro names must start with a letter, digit, or underscore, and may contain
any of those characters. Macro names may not be reserved words (for example,
interface). Macros are not expanded inside
A list of interfaces to overwrite defaults:
interface options are as follows:
- Ignore nameservers from leases on this interface. The default is to not ignore nameservers.
- Ignore routes from leases on this interface. The default is to not ignore routes.
- Ignore leases from server-ip. This option can be listed multiple times. The default is to not ignore servers.
send client idclient-id
- Send the DHCP client identifier option with a value of
client-id. If client-id
consists of a series of octets of two-digit hexadecimal numbers separated
by colons, the first octet is used as the type and the rest as value. The
MAC address 00:53:FF:AA:BB:CC would be configured as:
send client id "01:00:53:FF:AA:BB:CC"
Otherwise the string client-id is sent verbatim. The default is to send the interface's MAC address as client identifier.
When client-id is not a hardware address, it is supposed to be sent as hardware type 0 but the majority of DHCP clients and servers do not implement this and neither does
dhcpleased.conf. If a server is encountered that requires this, a 0 byte can be encoded as \0. The client identifier “foobar” with hardware type 0 would be configured as:
send client id "\0foobar"
send host namehost-name
- Send the DHCP client host name option with a value of host-name. The default is to send the name of the host.
send no host name
- Do not send a DHCP host name option. The default is to send a DHCP host name option with the name of the host.
send vendor class idvendor-class-id
- Send the DHCP vendor class identifier option with a value of vendor-class-id. The default is to not send a vendor class identifier.
- dhcpleased(8) configuration file.