get a YP map from YP server
tid prog ipadd port] [
ypxfr is the utility in YP that transfers maps to the
Since the YP master transfers a map when it has changed, an YP
slave should check for missed maps regularly. This can be done via an entry
in crontab(5). The scripts
and ypxfr_1perday could be used for that.
The options are as follows:
tid prog ipadd port
- This option is only used by ypserv. This is to open communication with a
yppush on another host.
- Don't send a "Clear current map" to local ypserv process. Useful
if ypserv isn't running locally to avoid timeout message.
- Don't use default domain, use the specified domain.
- Force map transfer, even if version of master is older than local
- Get map from host instead of the maps master host.
- Specify a source domain other than the target domain.