SMC91C9x and SMC91C1xx-based 10/100 Ethernet
sm0 at isa? port 0x300 irq 10
sm* at pcmcia?
nsphy* at mii?
device driver supports SMC91C9x and
SMC91C1xx-based Ethernet interfaces.
The ISA attachment of the
any SMC91C9x-based Ethernet interface on the ISA bus, including the EFA
Info*Express SVC VLB interface, and the on-board SMC91C9x Ethernet found in
many embedded PCs and laptop docking stations.
The PCMCIA attachment of the
supports Megahertz X-JACK Ethernet cards, NewMedia BASICS Ethernet cards, and
SMC EtherEZ 8020 series cards.
The SMC91C1xx supports the following media types:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually
override the autoselected mode by adding media options to the appropriate
- Set 10Mbps operation. The mediaopt option
can also be used to select either
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. The
mediaopt option can also be used to
select either full-duplex or
The SMC91C9x supports AUI and UTP media types:
To enable the AUI media, select the 10base5
media type with
‘media’ directive. To select UTP, select the
For more information on configuring this device, see
- sm0: unable to read MAC address from CIS
- This indicates that the Ethernet address, which is stored in the CIS
information on the Megahertz X-JACK PCMCIA Ethernet card, is