label] file1 file2 file3
merge program merges changes leading from
file2 to file3 into
The following options are supported:
- Default merge: see diff3(1) for
- Same as
-E but does not warn about conflicts.
- Specifies labels to be used in place of corresponding file names in
conflict reports. May be given up to three times.
- Print result to standard output.
- Be quiet about reporting.
- Print RCS's version number.
merge utility exits with one of the following
- No overlaps.
- Overlaps were found.
- An error occurred.
The flag [
$ merge -q -p -L one -L two -L three file1 file2 file3
-A] has no effect and is provided for