read and update symbol
*data, int ndx,
*data, int ndx,
These convenience functions are used to retrieve and update class-dependent Elf32_Sym and Elf64_Sym structures in an ELF object.
Argument data is an
Elf_Data descriptor associated with a section of type
SHT_GNU_versym. Argument ndx
is the index of the symbol being retrieved or updated. The class-independent
GElf_Sym structure is described in
retrieves class-dependent symbol information at index
ndx in data buffer data and
copies it to the destination pointed to by argument
sym after translation to class-independent form.
converts the class-independent symbol information pointed to by argument
sym to class-dependent form, and writes it to the
symbol entry at index ndx in the data buffer described
by argument data. Function
gelf_update_sym() signals an error if any of the
values in the class-independent representation exceeds the representable
limits of the target type.
gelf_getsym() returns the value
of argument sym if successful, or NULL in case of an
gelf_update_sym() returns a non-zero
value if successful, or zero in case of an error.
These functions may fail with the following errors:
- Arguments data or sym were NULL.
- Argument ndx was less than zero or larger than the number of symbols in the data descriptor.
- Data descriptor data was not associated with a section containing symbol information.
- A value was not representable in the target type.
- The Elf_Data descriptor denoted by argument data is associated with an ELF object with an unsupported version.
elf(3), elf_getdata(3), elf_getscn(3), gelf(3), gelf_getsyminfo(3), gelf_update_syminfo(3)