Sun Cassini 10/100/1Gb Ethernet
cas* at pci?
brgphy* at mii?
gentbi* at mii?
nsgphy* at mii?
cas driver provides support for
various NICs based on the Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and National Semiconductor
Saturn Ethernet controller chips, including the following:
- Sun GigaSwift Ethernet Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
- Sun GigaSwift Ethernet MMF Adapter (1000baseSX)
- Sun Quad GigaSwift Ethernet UTP Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
- Sun Quad GigaSwift PCI-X Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
- Sun Dual Gigabit Ethernet and Dual SCSI/P Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
It uses an internal or external PHY or an external 10-bit interface.
cas driver supports several media
types, which are selected via the
ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are:
- Attempt to autoselect the media type (default)
- Use 1000baseT on copper, full duplex
- Use 1000baseT on copper, half duplex
- Use 1000baseSX on fiber, full duplex
- Use 1000baseSX on fiber, half duplex
- Use 100baseTX, full duplex
- Use 100baseTX, half duplex
- Use 10baseT, full duplex
- Use 10baseT, half duplex
arp(4), brgphy(4), gentbi(4), ifmedia(4), inet(4), intro(4), netintro(4), nsgphy(4), hostname.if(5), ifconfig(8)
OpenBSD support for
cas first appeared in OpenBSD
cas driver was written by
based on the gem(4) driver.
cas driver does not yet use many of
the advanced features the Cassini chip offers.