YP update password file daemon
-m arg ...]
rpc.yppasswdd must be running on the YP master server to
allow users to change information in the password file. If the user needs to
change his password this is normally done with a program called
yppasswd. This program doesn't exist in
OpenBSD but is integrated into
passwd will automatically determine which password
database should be modified. To force a change of a YP password when a local
one also exists, use
Other user information can be changed with
The options are as follows:
- Use the specified directory to get at the password-related files instead
- Pass the specified arguments to
make(1) when invoking it in
/var/yp to rebuild the passwd maps.
- Don't allow changes of the gecos field in the passwd file.
- Don't allow changes of the password in the passwd file.
- Don't allow changes of the shell field in the passwd file.