Creative Labs SBLive!, PCI 512, and Audigy audio
emu* at pci?
audio* at emu?
device driver supports Creative Labs
SoundBlaster Live!, Sound Blaster PCI 512, and SoundBlaster Audigy cards.
These Environmental Audio cards are based upon the programmable EMU10K1
- E-mu Systems, Inc. EMU10K1 music synthesis engine
- 64-voice hardware polyphony with E-mu's patented 8-point interpolation
- Up to 1024-voice polyphony with multi-timbre capability
- Support for real-time digital effects like reverb, chorus, flanger, pitch
shifter, or distortion across any audio source
- User-selectable settings are optimized for headphones, two or four
- Processes sample rates from 5kHz to 48kHz
- Creative Multi Speaker Surround (CMSS) places any mono or stereo sound
source in a 360 degree audio space
- Hardware full-duplex support enables simultaneous record and playback at 8
standard sample rates
- Allows multiple audio sources playback on the same speaker system
device driver appeared in
driver was written by
and ported to OpenBSD 3.1
The hardware interface of this card contains registers not used for normal
operation, but potentially dangerous and not possible to disable. Potential
damage ranges from frying the card to frying motherboard or external equipment
connected to its outputs.
Currently this driver does not support MIDI, joystick input, or the multi-voice
There is currently no way to control the volume of the DAC for SoundBlaster
S-PDIF digital output does not work for SoundBlaster Live! and SoundBlaster