manage base system binary patches
syspatch is a utility to fetch, verify, install and
revert OpenBSD binary patches.
When run without any options,
will apply all missing patches by saving the
original release kernel if needed, creating a rollback tarball containing
the files it is about to replace, then extracting and installing all files
contained in the syspatch tarball.
The options are as follows:
- List available patches; suitable for
- List installed patches.
- Revert the most recently installed patch.
- Backup of the original /bsd release kernel.
- OpenBSD mirror top-level URL for fetching
- Directories containing the rollback tarball and original signed
diff(1) of installed
syspatch first appeared in OpenBSD
syspatch is designed to work solely on official