obtain the next S/Key challenge for a user
prints out the next S/Key challenge
for the specified user or for the current user if no user is specified.
The options are as follows:
- Print the hash algorithm as well.
- directory containing user entries for S/Key
$ skey -n <number of passwords to print>
`skeyinfo` | lpr
This would print out a list of S/Key passwords for use over an untrusted network
(perhaps for use at a conference).
- cannot open /etc/skey/user
- The user does not have an entry in
/etc/skey or access to the S/Key
database has been disabled. The database can be enabled with the
- user is not listed in /etc/skey
- The S/Key database is enabled but the user does not have an entry in it.
The skeyinit(1) program
can be used to create an entry for the user.