ospf6ctl — control
the Open Shortest Path First daemon
command [argument ...]
ospf6ctl program controls the
The following options are available:
- Use socket instead of the default
/var/run/ospf6d.sock to communicate with
Commands may be abbreviated to the minimum unambiguous prefix; for
s s for
The following commands are available:
- Insert the learned routes into the Forwarding Information Base (FIB),
a.k.a. the kernel routing table.
- Remove the learned routes from the FIB. Decoupling the FIB from an OSPF
router may create routing loops and could cause major routing issues in
the complete OSPF cloud. Only routers with just one link to the OSPF cloud
can safely decouple the FIB.
- Disable verbose debug logging.
- Enable verbose debug logging.
- Reload the configuration file. This command currently has no effect.
- Show the link state database. filter can be any one
of the following:
- Show only LSAs from the specified area ID.
- Show only ASBR LSAs.
- Show only AS-External LSAs.
- Show only Intra-Area-Prefix LSAs.
- Show only Link LSAs.
- Show only Network LSAs.
- Show only Router LSAs.
- Show only self-originated LSAs.
- Show only Summary LSAs.
fib [destination |
- Show the Forwarding Information Base. destination
can be specified to show the route matching a destination IP address.
filter can be any of the following:
- Show only connected routes.
- Show only interfaces or the specified
- Show only OSPF routes.
- Show only static routes.
static may be
- Show details for all interfaces or the specified
- Show neighbors.
detail can be specified for
- Show the Routing Information Base.
detail can be
specified for additional detail.
- Show summary information.
- UNIX-domain socket used for communication with
ospf6ctl program first appeared in