nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker.
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-f] [-h]
[-o option] [-z zonename] [-p
pattern] [-s keyname] [-t tlsauthname]
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse
errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents.
The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5).
The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors
before using it in nsd(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts
to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options.
- After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format.
Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported.
- Print full pathname when used with files, like with -o pidfile. This
includes the chroot in the way it is applied to the pidfile.
- Print usage help information and exit.
- -o option
- Return only this option from the config file. This option can be used in
conjunction with the -z and the -p option, or without them
to query the server: section. The special value zones prints out a
list of configured zones. The special value patterns prints out a
list of configured patterns.
This option can be used to parse the config file from the
shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not
given, nothing is printed.
- -s keyname
- Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config
file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file.
- -t tls-auth
- Prints the authentication domain name configured for this tls-auth clause
in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file.
- -p pattern
- Return the option specified with -o for the given pattern
- -z zonename
- Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'.
If this option is not given, the server section of the
config file is used.
The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to
- default NSD configuration file
nsd(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-control(8)
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team.
Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details.