LDAP daemon control program
ldapctl program controls the
The options are as follows:
- Use file as the configuration file, instead of the default /etc/ldapd.conf.
- Store and read database files in directory, instead of the default /var/db/ldap.
- Use socket instead of the default /var/run/ldapd.sock to communicate with ldapd(8).
- Produce more verbose output.
The commands are as follows:
- Show statistics counters.
- Disable verbose debug logging.
- Enable verbose debug logging.
- Compact all databases. ldapd(8) does not have to be running. When compaction of a database file is complete, a special marker is appended to the database file that tells ldapd(8) to reopen the file and perform new requests against the compacted database. A write transaction is opened to force other processes to buffer write requests while performing compaction. Read requests are handled without disruption.
- Re-index all databases. ldapd(8) does not have to be running.
- default ldapd(8) configuration file
ldapctl program first appeared in