install-info - update info/dir entries
install-info [OPTION]... [INFO-FILE
Install or delete dir entries from INFO-FILE in the Info directory
- delete existing entries for INFO-FILE from DIR-FILE; don't insert any new
- specify file name of Info directory file. This is equivalent to using the
- insert TEXT as an Info directory entry. TEXT should have the form of an
Info menu item line plus zero or more extra lines starting with
whitespace. If you specify more than one entry, they are all added. If you
don't specify any entries, they are determined from information in the
Info file itself.
- display this help and exit.
- specify Info file to install in the directory. This is equivalent to using
the INFO-FILE argument.
- same as --dir-file=DIR/dir.
- same as --entry TEXT. An Info directory entry is actually a menu
- suppress warnings.
- same as --delete.
- put this file's entries in section SEC of the directory. If you specify
more than one section, all the entries are added in each of the sections.
If you don't specify any sections, they are determined from information in
the Info file itself.
- display version information and exit.
Email bug reports to email@example.com, general questions and
discussion to firstname.lastname@example.org. Texinfo home page:
Copyright © 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. There is NO
warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU
General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the
files named COPYING.
The full documentation for install-info is maintained as a
Texinfo manual. If the info and install-info programs are
properly installed at your site, the command
- info install-info
should give you access to the complete manual.