Interface State daemon
ifstated daemon runs commands in response to network
state changes, which it determines by monitoring interface link state or
running external tests. For example, it can be used with
carp(4) to change running services or to
ensure that carp(4) interfaces stay in sync,
or with pf(4) to test server or link
availability and modify translation or routing rules. The options are as
- Define macro to be set to
value on the command line. Overrides the definition
of macro in the configuration file.
- Do not daemonize and log to stdout.
- Specify an alternate location, file, for the
- Print help message.
- Ignore initial interface states.
- Configtest mode. Check config validity, then exit.
- Verbose mode. Use twice to further increase verbosity.
ifstated reloads the configuration file.
ifstated configuration file.
ifstated program first appeared in