retrieve ar(1) header for an archive
function returns a pointer to an archive member header for a descriptor
elf. This descriptor must have been returned by a
prior call to elf_begin(3), and must be a descriptor for a member inside an
Structure Elf_Arhdr includes the following members:
- char * ar_name
- A pointer to a null terminated string containing the translated name of the archive member.
- char * ar_rawname
- A pointer to a null terminated string containing the untranslated name for the archive member, including all ar(1) formatting characters and trailing white space.
- time_t ar_date
- The timestamp associated with the member.
- uid_t ar_uid
- The uid of the creator of the member.
- gid_t ar_gid
- The gid of the creator of the member.
- mode_t ar_mode
- The file mode of the member.
- size_t ar_size
- The size of the member in bytes.
This function returns a valid pointer to an Elf_Arhdr structure if successful, or NULL if an error is encountered.
elf_getarhdr() may fail with the
- Argument elf was NULL.
- Argument elf was not a descriptor for a member of an ar(1) archive.
elf(3), elf_begin(3), elf_getarsym(3), elf_memory(3)