EtherLink II (3c503) Ethernet device
ec0 at isa? port 0x250 iomem 0xd8000 irq 9
device driver supports 3Com EtherLink II
(3C503) Ethernet cards.
The EtherLink II supports two media types on a single card. All support the AUI
media type. The other media is either BNC or UTP behind a transceiver.
Software cannot differentiate between BNC and UTP cards.
driver supports the following media types:
- Set 10base5 (thick-net) operation.
- Set BNC (10base2/thin-net) or UTP operation.
For more information on configuring this device, see
. To view a list of
media types and options supported by your card try “ifconfig
<device> media”. For example, “ifconfig ec0 media”.
- ec0: wildcarded IRQ is not
- The IRQ was wildcarded in the kernel configuration file.
This is not supported.
- ec0: invalid IRQ <n>, must be 3,
4, 5, or 9
- An IRQ other than the above listed IRQs was specified in
the kernel configuration file. The EtherLink II hardware only supports the
above listed IRQs.
- ec0: failed to clear shared memory at
- The memory test was unable to clear the interface's shared
memory region. This often indicates that the card is configured at a
conflicting iomem address.