Simple Network Management Protocol
snmpd is a daemon which implements the
The options are as follows:
- Define macro to be set to value on the command line. Overrides the definition of macro in the configuration file.
- Do not daemonize and log to stderr.
- Use file as the configuration file, instead of the default /etc/snmpd.conf.
- Show numeric OID values instead of their symbolic names.
- Configtest mode. Only check the configuration file for validity.
- Produce more verbose output.
snmpdManagement Information Base definitions
U. Blumenthal and B. Wijnen, User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3), RFC 3414, December 2002.
R. Presuhn, Version 2 of the Protocol Operations for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), RFC 3416, December 2002.
R. Presuhn, Transport Mappings for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), RFC 3417, December 2002.
R. Presuhn, Management Information Base (MIB) for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), RFC 3418, December 2002.
U. Blumenthal, The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Cipher Algorithm in the SNMP User-based Security Model, RFC 3826, June 2004.
snmpd program first appeared in
snmpd program was written by