Myricom Myri-10G PCI Express 10Gb
myx* at pci?
myx driver supports the Myricom
Myri-10G PCI Express 10Gb Ethernet adapters based on the Myricom Lanai-Z8E
and Lanai-Z8ES chipsets, including the following:
- Myricom 10G-PCIE-8A-C Adapter (10GbaseCX4)
- Myricom 10G-PCIE-8A-R Adapter (10GbaseSR/LR)
- Myricom 10G-PCIE-8A-Q Adapter (10G XAUI)
- Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8B2-2S Adapter (10GbaseSR/LR)
- Myricom 10G-PCIE2-8C2-2S Adapter (10GbaseSR/LR/LRM)
Low profile versions are supported as well.
The adapter needs a firmware file, which is selected and loaded on demand by the driver when the device is attached:
arp(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), netintro(4), pci(4), hostname.if(5), ifconfig(8)
myx driver first appeared in
myx driver was written by
While the firmware supports reading module information for
transceiver to use, it does not
support writing to the module. This prevents configuration of the module,
which may prevent ifconfig(8) from reading the right data from the module where
other network cards succeed.