obtain the next S/Key challenge for a user
skeyinfo prints out the next S/Key challenge for the
specified user or for the current user if no user is specified.
The options are as follows:
- Print the hash algorithm as well.
- directory containing user entries for S/Key
$ skey -n <number of passwords to
print> `skeyinfo` | lpr
This would print out a list of S/Key passwords for use over an
untrusted network (perhaps for use at a conference).
- cannot open /etc/skey/user
- The user does not have an entry in /etc/skey or
access to the S/Key database has been disabled. The database can be
enabled with the skeyinit(1)
- user is not listed in /etc/skey
- The S/Key database is enabled but the user does not have an entry in it.
The skeyinit(1) program can be used
to create an entry for the user.