install-info - update info/dir entries
install-info [OPTION]... [INFO-FILE [DIR-FILE]]
Install or delete dir entries from INFO-FILE in the Info directory file
Email bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org, general questions and discussion to
email@example.com. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/
Copyright © 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. There is NO warranty. You
may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public
License. For more information about these matters, see the files named
The full documentation for install-info is maintained as a Texinfo
manual. If the info and install-info programs are properly
installed at your site, the command
- delete existing entries for INFO-FILE from DIR-FILE; don't insert any new
- specify file name of Info directory file. This is equivalent to using the
- insert TEXT as an Info directory entry. TEXT should have the form of an
Info menu item line plus zero or more extra lines starting with
whitespace. If you specify more than one entry, they are all added. If you
don't specify any entries, they are determined from information in the
Info file itself.
- display this help and exit.
- specify Info file to install in the directory. This is equivalent to using
the INFO-FILE argument.
- same as --dir-file=DIR/dir.
- same as --entry TEXT. An Info directory entry is actually a menu
- suppress warnings.
- same as --delete.
- put this file's entries in section SEC of the directory. If you specify
more than one section, all the entries are added in each of the sections.
If you don't specify any sections, they are determined from information in
the Info file itself.
- display version information and exit.
- info install-info
should give you access to the complete manual.