httpd daemon is an HTTP server with
FastCGI and TLS support.
The FastCGI implementation has optional socket support.
httpd can log to
syslog(3) or per-server files with several standard formats.
httpd rereads its configuration file when
SIGHUP and reopens log files when it
The options are as follows:
- Set a macro to a value. Macros can be referenced in the configuration files.
- Debug mode. Create one server and don't detach or become a daemon. This
allows for easy monitoring of
- Specifies the configuration file. The default is /etc/httpd.conf.
- Check that the configuration is valid, but don't start any servers.
- Verbose mode. Multiple
-voptions increase the verbosity.
- Default configuration file.
- Default SSL/TLS server key.
- Default SSL/TLS server certificate.
- Default access log file.
- Default error log file.
acme-client(1), httpd.conf(5), slowcgi(8)
httpd program first appeared in
httpd is based
httpd program was written by