control the Routing Information
ripctl program controls the
ripd(8) daemon. Commands may be abbreviated to the minimum
unambiguous prefix; for example,
s n for
The following options are available:
- Use socket instead of the default /var/run/ripd.sock to communicate with ripd(8).
The following commands are available:
- Insert the learned routes into the Forward Information Base a.k.a. the kernel routing table.
- Remove the learned routes from the Forward Information Base a.k.a. the kernel routing table. Decoupling the FIB from an RIP router may create routing loops and could cause major routing issues.
- Disable verbose debug logging.
- Enable verbose debug logging.
show fib[destination | filter]
- Show the Forwarding Information Base. destination
can be specified to show the route matching a destination IP address.
filter can be any of the following:
- Show only connected routes.
- Show only interfaces.
- Show only RIP routes.
- Show only static routes.
staticmay be specified together.
- Show details for all interfaces.
- Show neighbors.
- Show the Routing Information Base.
- UNIX-domain socket used for communication with ripd(8).
ripctl program first appeared in