3Com EtherLink II (3c503) Ethernet
ec0 at isa? port 0x250 iomem 0xd8000 irq
ec device driver supports 3Com
EtherLink II (3C503) Ethernet cards.
The EtherLink II supports two media types on a single card. All support the AUI media type. The other media is either BNC or UTP behind a transceiver. Software cannot differentiate between BNC and UTP cards.
ec driver supports the following media
- Set 10base5 (thick-net) operation.
- Set BNC (10base2/thin-net) or UTP operation.
For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). To view a list of media types and options supported by your card try “ifconfig <device> media”. For example, “ifconfig ec0 media”.
- ec0: wildcarded IRQ is not allowed
- The IRQ was wildcarded in the kernel configuration file. This is not supported.
- ec0: invalid IRQ <n>, must be 3, 4, 5, or 9
- An IRQ other than the above listed IRQs was specified in the kernel configuration file. The EtherLink II hardware only supports the above listed IRQs.
- ec0: failed to clear shared memory at offset <off>
- The memory test was unable to clear the interface's shared memory region. This often indicates that the card is configured at a conflicting iomem address.
ifmedia(4), intro(4), isa(4), hostname.if(5), ifconfig(8)