3Com Fast EtherLink ISA (3c515) 10/100
ef* at isapnp?
nsphy* at mii?
ef device driver supports the 3Com
Fast EtherLink ISA family of Ethernet cards, and embedded controllers based
on the 3Com “corkscrew” EtherLink chips.
The following media types and options (as given to ifconfig(8)) are supported:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options (default).
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation and force full-duplex mode.
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation and force half-duplex mode.
- Set 10Mbps operation and force full-duplex.
- Set 10Mbps operation and force half-duplex.
If no media options are present, the
driver places the card into autoselect mode.
For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
- ef0: adapter failure (XXXX)
- A fatal error during receive or transmit has occurred.
- ef0: eeprom failed to come ready
- When reading/writing the EEPROM, the busy bit failed to clear. This may indicate a hardware problem.
- ef0: device timeout
- The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable).
ifmedia(4), intro(4), isapnp(4), nsphy(4), hostname.if(5), ifconfig(8)
ef device driver first appeared in
ef driver was written by
Jason L. Wright