Multicast connection mapper
map-mbone attempts to display all
multicast routers that are reachable from the multicast router
starting_router. If not specified on the command line,
starting_router is “localhost”.
map-mbone must be run as root.
map-mbone sends an
ASK_NEIGHBORS IGMP message to
starting_router. A response contains the multicast
version number of starting_router and the addresses of
all its neighboring multicast routers. If the multicast version number is
map-mbone requests additional
information such as metrics, thresholds, and flags.
If a recursive search has been requested (see
map-mbone repeats the
above operation for each new multicast router in the list of neighbors and
continues the process until no new multicast routers are reported.
The options are as follows:
- Sets the debug level to level. When the debug level
is greater than 0, additional debugging messages are printed to stderr.
Regardless of the debug level, an error condition will always write an
error message and will cause
map-mboneto terminate. Non-zero debug levels are:
- Print packet warnings, plus level 0 messages.
- Print notifications of down networks, plus level 1 messages.
- Print notifications of all packet timeouts, plus level 2 messages.
Default is 0.
- Causes a recursive (flooding) search. If no starting_router is specified, a recursive search is always performed.
- Sets graphing format to GraphEd format.
- Disables DNS lookup for the names of the multicast routers.
- Sets the neighbor query retry limit to count. Default is 1.
- Sets the number of seconds to wait for a neighbor query reply before retrying to seconds. Default is 2.
mrinfo(8), mrouted(8), mtrace(8)