substitute variables' values in
pkg_subst is used within the ports tree to
substitute variable values, using the exact same conventions used by
pkg_create(1). Constructs like
will be replaced with the variable value, according to
The options are as follows
- Specify a basedir in which we know file properties. It is forbidden to
copy files from elsewhere without
- Copy and substitute. Number of file arguments must be even. They are paired as src1 dest1, src2 dest2 ... and each src file is substituted and copied into the corresponding dest file.
- Define name to value, or to 1 if no value is given.
- Change group of destination file to group.
- Ignore changes to group or owner that failed.
- Change mode of destination file to mode.
- Change owner of destination file to owner.
If no file arguments is given,
pkg_subst acts as a filter from stdin to stdout.
file is backed up as
file.beforesubst before the substitution occurs.