Interface State daemon
ifstated daemon runs commands in
response to network state changes, which it determines by monitoring
interface link state or running external tests. For example, it can be used
with carp(4) to change running services or to ensure that
carp(4) interfaces stay in sync, or with
to test server or link availability and modify translation or routing rules.
The options are as follows:
- Define macro to be set to value on the command line. Overrides the definition of macro in the configuration file.
- Do not daemonize and log to stdout.
- Specify an alternate location, file, for the configuration file.
- Print help message.
- Ignore initial interface states.
- Configtest mode. Check config validity, then exit.
- Verbose mode. Use twice to further increase verbosity.
ifstated reloads the configuration file.
carp(4), pf(4), ifstated.conf(5)
ifstated program first appeared in