cas — Sun Cassini
10/100/Gigabit Ethernet device
cas* at pci?
brgphy* at mii?
gentbi* at mii?
nsgphy* at mii?
cas driver provides support for
various NICs based on the Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and National Semiconductor
Saturn Ethernet controller chips, including the following:
- Sun GigaSwift Ethernet Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
- Sun GigaSwift Ethernet MMF Adapter (1000baseSX)
- Sun Quad GigaSwift Ethernet UTP Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
- Sun Quad GigaSwift PCI-X Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
- Sun Dual Gigabit Ethernet and Dual SCSI/P Adapter (10/100/1000baseT)
It uses an internal or external PHY or an external 10-bit
cas driver supports several media
types, which are selected via the
ifconfig(8) command. The
supported media types are:
- media autoselect
- Attempt to autoselect the media type (default)
- media 1000baseT mediaopt full-duplex
- Use 1000baseT on copper, full duplex
- media 1000baseT [mediaopt half-duplex]
- Use 1000baseT on copper, half duplex
- media 1000baseSX mediaopt full-duplex
- Use 1000baseSX on fiber, full duplex
- media 1000baseSX [mediaopt half-duplex]
- Use 1000baseSX on fiber, half duplex
- media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
- Use 100baseTX, full duplex
- media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex]
- Use 100baseTX, half duplex
- media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex
- Use 10baseT, full duplex
- media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex]
- Use 10baseT, half duplex
OpenBSD support for
cas first appeared in OpenBSD
cas driver does not yet use many of
the advanced features the Cassini chip offers.