create a YP database
makedbm is the utility in YP that creates
the database file containing the YP map. The database format is a slightly
modified version of ndbm.
The options are as follows:
- Interdomain. Include an entry in the database informing a YP server to use DNS to get information about unknown hosts. This option will only have effect on the two maps hosts.byname and hosts.byaddr.
- Include an entry in the map with the key YP_DOMAIN_NAME and the argument as value.
- Include an entry in the map with the key YP_INPUT_FILE and the argument as value.
- Lowercase. Convert all keys to lower case before adding them to the YP database.
- Include an entry in the map with the key YP_MASTER_NAME and the argument as value.
- Include an entry in the map with the key YP_OUTPUT_FILE and the argument as value.
- Secure map. Include an entry in the database informing ypxfr(8) and ypserv(8) that the YP map is going to be handled as secure.
- Same as
-ubut also try the hash(3) format.
- Dump a database to standard output.
dbopen(3), Makefile.yp(8), yp(8), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8)
Mats O Jansson <email@example.com>