DPT EATA SCSI RAID controller
dpt* at eisa?
dpt* at pci?
driver provides support for the
following SCSI adapters:
- DPT SmartCache III
- DPT SmartCache IV
- DPT SmartRAID III
- DPT SmartRAID IV
None of these messages should be encountered under normal circumstances. It
should be noted that the list below is not complete.
- dpt0: readcfg failed - see dpt(4)
- The EATA configuration data did not appear upon request. This may be
caused by older firmware. Generally the solution is to power-cycle the
- dpt0: spurious intr
- A spurious interrupt was received from the HBA.
- dpt0: bogus status (returned CCB id NNNN)
- A corrupt or incomplete status packet was received from the HBA.
This manpage is inadequate.
driver first appeared in
driver was written by
based upon the
drivers, which are the work of others.
EATA adapters other than listed may function correctly with the
driver, however a definitive list is
Older firmware may prove problematic. It is recommended that the latest
available firmware be used. Contact DPT for a firmware update.
Older boards that do not support scatter-gather I/O or DMA are not supported.
An ISA front-end is needed.
ECC formatted disk and arrays (i.e., with a sector size of 528 bytes) do not
work correctly with the PM2041 and certain firmware revisions of the