YP update password file
rpc.yppasswdd must be running on the YP
master server to allow users to change information in the password file. If
the user needs to change his password this is normally done with a program
yppasswd. This program doesn't exist in
OpenBSD but is integrated into
passwd will automatically
determine which password database should be modified. To force a change of a
YP password when a local one also exists, use
Other user information can be changed with chpass(1).
The options are as follows:
- Use the specified directory to get at the password-related files instead of /etc.
- Pass the specified arguments to make(1) when invoking it in /var/yp to rebuild the passwd maps.
- Don't allow changes of the gecos field in the passwd file.
- Don't allow changes of the password in the passwd file.
- Don't allow changes of the shell field in the passwd file.
make(1), securenet(5), ypserv.acl(5), Makefile.yp(8), yp(8), ypbind(8)
Mats O Jansson <firstname.lastname@example.org>