play MIDI files
tempo] [file ...]
command plays MIDI files. If no file name
is given it will play from standard input; otherwise it will play the named
The options are as follows:
- Specifies the name of the
sndio(7) MIDI device.
- Send a “General MIDI On” system exclusive message to the
- Show MIDI file meta events (copyright, lyrics, etc.).
- Do not play the MIDI file, just parse it.
- Specifies the tempo. Default is 100.
- Be verbose. If the flag is repeated, the verbosity increases.
- Play a small sample sound.
midiplay command first appeared in