operating system name
utility writes symbols representing one
or more system characteristics to the standard output.
The options are as follows:
- Behave as though all of the options
-mnrsv were specified.
- Print the machine hardware name.
- Print the nodename (the nodename may be a name that the
system is known by to a communications network).
- Print the machine processor architecture name.
- Print the operating system release.
- Print the operating system name.
- Print the operating system version.
If no options are specified, uname
operating system name as if the -s
utility exits 0 on success,
and >0 if an error occurs.
utility is compliant with the
IEEE Std 1003.1-2008
The flag [-p
] is an
extension to that specification.
command appeared in