AMD PCnet-PCI 10/100 Ethernet device
pcn* at pci?
acphy* at mii?
amphy* at mii?
lxtphy* at mii?
nsphy* at mii?
device driver supports Ethernet
interfaces based on the AMD PCnet-PCI family of Ethernet chips. The chips
supported by the
- Am79c970 PCnet-PCI Single-Chip Ethernet Controller for PCI Local Bus
- Am79c970A PCnet-PCI II Single-Chip Full-Duplex Ethernet Controller for PCI
- Am79c971 PCnet-FAST Single-Chip Full-Duplex 10/100Mbps Ethernet Controller
for PCI Local Bus
- Am79c972 PCnet-FAST+ Enhanced 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Controller with
- Am79c973/Am79c975 PCnet-FAST III Single-Chip 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet
Controller with Integrated PHY
PCnet-PCI chips are found on some Hewlett-Packard PCI Ethernet boards, and on
the Allied Telesyn AT-2700TX PCI Ethernet board. They are also found on some
processor evaluation boards as an example peripheral.
driver also supports the emulated
PCnet-PCI interface provided by VMware.
driver first appeared in
was added in OpenBSD 3.8
driver was written by
Jason R. Thorpe
and ported to OpenBSD