SMC91C9x and SMC91C1xx-based 10/100
sm0 at isa? port 0x300 irq 10
sm* at pcmcia?
nsphy* at mii?
sm device driver supports SMC91C9x and
SMC91C1xx-based Ethernet interfaces.
The ISA attachment of the
supports any SMC91C9x-based Ethernet interface on the ISA bus, including the
EFA Info*Express SVC VLB interface, and the on-board SMC91C9x Ethernet found
in many embedded PCs and laptop docking stations.
The PCMCIA attachment of the
supports Megahertz X-JACK Ethernet cards, NewMedia BASICS Ethernet cards,
and SMC EtherEZ 8020 series cards.
The SMC91C1xx supports the following media types:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode by adding media options to the appropriate hostname.if(5) file.
- Set 10Mbps operation. The mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes.
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. The mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes.
The SMC91C9x supports AUI and UTP media types:
To enable the AUI media, select the 10base5 or aui media type with ifconfig(8)'s ‘media’ directive. To select UTP, select the 10baseT or utp media type.
For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
- sm0: unable to read MAC address from CIS
- This indicates that the Ethernet address, which is stored in the CIS information on the Megahertz X-JACK PCMCIA Ethernet card, is corrupted.
arp(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), isa(4), netintro(4), nsphy(4), pcmcia(4), hostname.if(5), ifconfig(8)