Sun Neptune 10Gb Ethernet
nep* at pci?
brgphy* at mii?
nep driver provides support for
various NICs based on the Sun Neptune Ethernet controller chips, including
- Sun Quad GBe UTP x8 PCI Express Card
- Sun Quad GBe UTP x8 PCIe ExpressModule
It uses an internal or external PHY or an external 10-bit interface.
nep driver supports several media
types, which are selected via the
ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are:
- media autoselect
- Attempt to autoselect the media type (default)
- media 1000baseT mediaopt full-duplex
- Use 1000baseT on copper, full duplex
- media 1000baseT [mediaopt half-duplex]
- Use 1000baseT on copper, half duplex
- media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
- Use 100baseTX, full duplex
- media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex]
- Use 100baseTX, half duplex
arp(4), brgphy(4), ifmedia(4), inet(4), intro(4), netintro(4), hostname.if(5), ifconfig(8)
OpenBSD support for
nep first appeared in OpenBSD
nep driver was written by
nep driver currently only supports 1Gb
Ethernet NICs. It also does not yet use many of the advanced features the
Neptune chip offers.