get a YP map from YP server
ypxfr is the utility in YP that transfers
maps to the local host.
Since the YP master transfers a map when it has changed, an YP slave should check for missed maps regularly. This can be done via an entry in crontab(5). The scripts ypxfr_1perhour, ypxfr_2perday and ypxfr_1perday could be used for that.
The options are as follows:
-Ctid prog ipadd port
- This option is only used by ypserv. This is to open communication with a yppush on another host.
- Don't send a "Clear current map" to local ypserv process. Useful if ypserv isn't running localy to avoid timeout message.
- Don't use default domain, use the specified domain.
- Force map transfer, even if version of master is older than local copy.
- Get map from host instead of the maps master host.
- Specify a source domain other than the target domain.
yp(8), yppush(8), ypserv(8)
Mats O Jansson <email@example.com>