return hostname of YP server or map
ypwhich tells which YP server supplies YP
services to a client, or which is the master for a map. If invoked without
arguments, it gives the YP server for the local machine. If
host is specified, that machine is queried to find out
which YP server it is using.
The options are as follows:
- Specify a domain other than the default domain.
- Specify which host to query.
- Find the master YP server for the named map. The
host to query, if non-default, must be specified
-hoption. mname can be a map name or nickname. If mname is omitted,
ypwhichwill produce a list of available maps.
- Inhibit translation of map nicknames to their corresponding map names.
- Display the map nickname table.
domainname(1), ypcat(1), ypmatch(1), yp(8), ypbind(8), yppoll(8), ypset(8)
Theo de Raadt