USB scanner support
uscanner* at uhub?
uscanner driver provides minimal
support for USB scanners. The driver recognizes a number of USB scanners,
but to actually scan anything there needs to be software that knows about
the particular scanner. The SANE package provides support for some
For multifunction USB devices such as scanner/printer/card readers, this driver only attaches to the USB interface that controls the scanner. For the other USB interfaces separate drivers are needed, such as ulpt(4) and umass(4).
uscanner driver works with the
- Acer: Acerscan 320U, 620U, 640U, C310U
- Agfa: SnapScan 1212U, 1236U, e20, e25, e26, e40, e50, e52, Touch
- Avision: 1200U
- Canon: CanoScan N656U, N670U, N1220U, N1240U
- Epson: GT-7000, GT-9700F
- Epson: Perfection 610U, 636U, 640U, 12xxU, 12xxU Photo, 16xxU, 16xxU Photo, 1650, 2400
- Epson: Stylus DX38xx DX40xx DX50xx DX60xx (multifunction)
- HP: Photosmart S20
- HP: ScanJet 2200C, 3300C, 3400cse, 4100C, 4200C, 4300C, 5200C, 5300C, 6200C, 6300C
- Kye: ColorPage Vivid-Pro
- Microtek: ScanMaker X6USB
- Mustek: 600, 600 CU, 1200, 1200 CU, 1200 UB, 1200 Plus, 1200 CU Plus, BearPaw 1200F
- National: BearPaw 1200, 2400
- Primax: Colorado 600u, 9600, 19200, 1200u
- Primax: G2-200, G2-300, G2-600, G2E-300, G2E-600
- Primax: ReadyScan 636i
- Primax: Visioneer 6200
- Ultima: 1200 UB Plus
- Umax: Astra 1220U, 1236U, 2000U, 2200U, 3400
- Visioneer: OneTouch 5300, 6100, 6200, 7600, 8100, 8600, 3000
Many other scanners are recognized, but there is no software support for them yet.
intro(4), uhub(4), usb(4)
uscanner driver appeared in
NetBSD 1.6. OpenBSD support
was first added in OpenBSD 2.9.
This driver should not really exist. The scanners it recognizes can be accessed through the ugen(4) driver instead. A proper scanner driver would provide a uniform interface to scanners instead of exposing the innards of the scanner. The reason the driver exists is to have something that is compatible with the Linux driver.