install a bootstrap on an FFS
installboot is used to install a
"first-stage" boot program into the boot area of an FFS disk
partition, and initialize the table of block numbers the
bootxx program uses to load the second-stage boot
The options are as follows:
- Do not actually write anything on the disk.
- Be verbose, printing out the block numbers that bootxx will use to load boot.
The arguments are:
- the name of the second-stage boot program in the file system where the first-stage boot program is to be installed.
- the name of the prototype file for the first stage boot program.
- the name of the raw device in which the first-stage boot program is to be installed. This should correspond to the block device on which the file system containing boot is mounted.
cp /usr/mdec/bootsd /boot /usr/mdec/installboot /boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rsd0a